Friday, December 12, 2008

A Prank... and a Distraction

I got up in front of the choir this morning and said, "I'll bet I can say two words that will make half the people in this room go crazy."

They scoffed. They laughed. Then I held up a piece of paper.

"Cast list."

I saw amazing facial transformations. Within seconds, people went from shock to disbelief to delight and jumping-over-chairs-to-get-to-the-front-of-the-room joy that any director would have been proud of.

The next thing I heard was, "[Insert expletive here] you Laura!" when someone discovered the "list" was actually my AP Human Geography notes. I think this is one of the best jokes I've ever played, aside from the fact that I got a hand-slapping.

In other, non-Les Mis-related news to keep our minds off what we all want to know about...one act night! I'm excited. I really can't wait to see how a student-written and directed show works out and what the audience thinks. Methinks some auditions are in order soon. I know...auditions...don't bring that word up.