Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Staff Spotlight











Me and My oldest oldest Daughter Katelyn on our annual camping trip for her birthday.














My youngest daughter Aubrey, her first day on her bike!













My Wife and Daughter Katelyn on our vacation to Stone Harbour last year.





Staff Spotlight:

Full Given Name: Joseph Michael Kress (Named after Archie Bunker's Grandson born on the show the same day that I was 01/28/1976).


Day Job: Which one..... My Mom and I own our own business, we do Title Searching and Abstracting (has to do with real estate). I am also the Tech Director as you all know for both Susky and for York High. On top of all that, I also own my own business called A&K Graffx which is a graphic design business....alas, it is mostly pro-bono (volunteer/donated) work for non-profit groups that fight things like aids, sexual discrimination, cancer, pretty much anything that comes my way. Will and I share the same degree from the same college. And of coarse, full time Husband and Dad (and yes, that is a job all in it's own)!!

Most Played song on my Zune: Well, not sure.....I listen to everything and anything but have so little time to listen to music that it's hard to have a most played song :)

What was the first play/musical you ever saw: Well, that I can remember, the first musical I saw was my step-aunt played the Wicked Witch of the West in York College's production of WOZ. My first Broadway show that I ever saw (and will ALWAYS remember) was Phantom of the Opera!!!

What was the first show you were ever involved in & what did you do: Well, let's see....I believe it was a musical at York High called Peace Child the Musical based on the creation of the real organization called Peace Child (for which I was a member of as well) and I had one of the male leads in the show....I know....Joe our techie actually started his theatre career on the stage, not behind it!!! There was also a play I was a lead in, but it was in the third grade at Lincoln Elementary School and I don't remember what it was called, but come to think of it, I actually helped with our tiny little set then as well.

What do you like most about Technical director / Light/ Sound/ & Props: Well, that's not hard to figure out, first of all, all of you young adults in crew and cast and the adult staff make it a very enjoyable job, it's always great to think of your job as a second family!!! Plus, think about it, where else can you be 32 years old and get to build things that go up, down, poof, pop, bang, splash....things that when you are buying the supplies to make, your own daughter says "Dad, I have no idea how your mind works"!!!! It's like being 5 years old and building with legos...it's another world!! It's always cool seeing people get excited about what they just saw and a great feeling when everyone goes "how did you do that" or "can you teach me to do that/build that", and there is no greater feeling of accomplishment than when everyone says, "no way" "it can't be done" and yet you find a way to get it done and get it done well!!! And as Walt Disney once said "...it's kind of fun to do the imposable..."!!

What do you do for fun: Well, when I am not working, being a Dad and Husband take over and to me, that is fun. Also playing the Wii, hanging out with friends, working on my fish tanks (I currently have 4 fresh water and 1 salt water tanks), and probably my favorite, watching movies.

Any shows you are just dying to work on: Well, that's a hard one, there is just so much out there and so much more being developed every day.....I would have to say....honestly, I don't know...all I can say is "BRING IT ON" (and I mean bring it on, not the movie!!!). I do know I want a break from anything set between the 30's and 50's!!!

Who would play you in a movie about your life: Well, it's hard to say there's anyone out there as good looking as I am in the movie industry right now................JK...........LOL.....................ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have to say that I don't think I look like any actors, but I would have to pick my hero, Ty Pennington of "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" because he gets to do all the cool stuff I like to do, we are both pretty crazy, we both love to build, and I try to live my life helping as many people as I can just like he does!!! And I would not be adverse to any of you nominating my family for the show (hint, hint).............LOL :)

No comments: