Monday, April 20, 2009

Over, but not soon forgotten.......

Hello all, I just wanted to take a (very tired) minite to thank all of you....first of all, the rest of the production staff for trusting me and the crew to get the job done, even though this ended up being bigger than I could ever imagine, it turned out to be the best show I have ever built with the crew or participated in; To the cast, also thanks for trusting me and the crew, I know it makes it harder for you to not have a full set right off the bat to rehearse on, especialy one that came as close as this one, but you guys always amaze me with what you accomplish; and finnally to my second family....the Crew, Pam, Natalie, Jamie and all the other costumers, you guys are truly amazing and your costumes help to bring our sets alive...to My best friend Chris P., you fight with me like my wife does, but that comes with 20 years of friendship and you are the one friend that has always stuck by me and I am proud of what we accomplish together and You are great at what you do and I am proud to call you my brother, and finally to my Crew......what can I say, Seniors, we laughed, we faught, we cried, but it was a great ride and I thank you and your parents for sharing the last 4 years with me, being a Dad myself, I know what it is like to watch you grow and become adults and it makes me cry, but in a wonderful way, I couldn't be any prouder and now that you are leaving us, please remember all that I (hopefully) taught you and know that we are always here for you. To my graduated crew who come back year after year, thanks for making me feel like I am doing something right and that I am making a posative impact on you, even after you guys leave Susky, I still enjoy eatching you grow and I enjoy your company more with all the passing time, we are equals, we are friends. To all my crew, thanks for the best 7 years (and hopefully more to come) of support and friendship and hard work and thanks to your parents for sharing you, I know that during the theater season (I figured it out this morning) we put in over 250 hours each for plays (or 3,750 total man hours) and over 350 hours each for Musicals (or 7,000 total man hours). To my family, thanks for sharing Daddy with the kids at Susky and at York High and letting Daddy do one thing he loves and remember, he does it for you girls!! To everyone else, thanks you for all the kind words and support along the way! For those who still think it wasn't real (especially since the set is already torn down), yes we really did just pull off probably one of the most successfull versions of Les Mis done at the High School Level.....not far from Broadway :) I Love you All!!!

2 comments:

Griffin Family Review said...

I just had to find a way to get to those of you who worked on the set design for this production ( . . . and I think I found it). I came from Pittsburgh to see the show (Drew's my nephew), and I was blown away (but not surprised by--I've been to SHS productions before) by the design for this show. It was truly amazing from every standpoint. I do set work with a high school and a children's theater group in Pittsburgh, and I always love to see what you have done. It's so inspiring! This year was no exception. Thanks for another entertaining year . . . and congratulations!

Marysue Griffin
blog.marysuegriffin.com

Draco said...

Thanks so much, it was definately a huge undertaking, this is my 7th year designing and building the sets at Susky and it's always nice to hear comments about the shows...all of the kids (young adults) that work on the shows, crew, cast, costuming, lighting, everyone put their hearts into this as usual and I really think it paid off! Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed the show, it means alot to all of us! We have a great Crew hear at Susky and have worked very hard to build it (no pun intended) to what it is today :) Thanks again
Joe (TD)