Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crew Build 1st Blog




Hello All, it's Joe, Technical Director, Set Designer, Set Builder, Props, Lighting, & Sound...and I just happen to be the Auditorium Manager for Susky as well (not to mention I am the Tech Director for William Penn). This is the first official blog for the Susky Crew.....go SUPER CHICKEN (I'll expalin that in another blog later)!!

This is my 5th season at Susky and I am pleased that our fearless leader (Will) has chosen to bring me back year after year because I love what I do! We have a very strong crew and getting stronger, we are currently made up of around 25-30 students, a lot of them underclassmen and their first year. We are currently, as you know by now, working on this years Musical "Once Upon A Matress". Things are going well for the build, in fact we just had our paint mixed this past weekend so we are a bit ahead from all other years (Good JuJu) :) Everyone is working hard and things are coming together, it's always a pleasure working with all the adult staff and well as the students, one big happy family!! I will get some of the modified designs posted soon. I usually design the sets, but this set was created by our Director, Will, and then modified by myself to in his own words..."make it look pretty...". By the way, Props to Mia on the show poster, awesome job (Mia has told me she may want to go to school for Design, You go girl!!)!!! I had the pleasure of designing the poster for this past years play "Heaven Can Wait" and I know how much fun it is but also how much work it can be! Will and I both have the same degree in Graphic Design from the same College....what a cowinkie!!! Well, if I don't end now, as most of you know, I will never stop so I will end by saying thank you all for your dedication thus far and I will have more blogs and info later as the show progresses.

- "It's kind of fun to do the impossible..." Walt Disney




No comments: