Monday, February 18, 2008

Hey look, a blog!

Awesome blog W! And hi, Lily! I should have known that you'd be the first cast member to post... (Lily's an aspiring writer).

All right, so where do I start? I'm Laura, a junior at Susky, and I play Winnifred the Woebegone (you can call me by my nickname...Fred). That's right, Lily's my understudy. She's very devoted.

I got started in theater when I was seven...I suspect my mom suggested auditioning in a community play because I'd tried about every sport and dance class and didn't seem interested in any of them. I was hooked, and I did community theater until I entered high school, which marked the beginning of my SHS theatre career. I seem to get cast a lot as flirty older women...

Being the lead is exciting, but it's a lot of work. Be prepared to attend rehearsal most nights of the week and to work on music and dancing even more on your own (especially if you have two left feet like me). That said, this blog post is long enough. Cast members, I'll see you on the boards!

No comments: