Tuesday, March 11, 2008

8th Graders...

I was working the stand/booth/place/thing at the 8th grade orientation tonight along with Mrs. Pam, Kelly, and occasionally Laura. We got a few kids interested; many girls, one guy, one crew guy, and a bunch of parents who were much more interested in the topic than the kids were. It wasn't that awesome of a turnout, but one nonetheless.
To everyone who has 8th grade friends: tell them to JOIN THE THEATRE!!! Preferably cast, but crew and pit are also noble areas. I don't know if it's just me who thinks this, but turnout for shows (especially males) has decreased (?). [if someone wants to prove me right/wrong, please tell me]

But tell all of your younger friends to joing the theatre, regardless of whether we have a lot of people trying out or not.

:D

1 comment:

SHS THEATRE said...

You're not wrong about the amount of guys who show up. It's a common problem at most schools, just because there's a certain stigma attached to being on stage. (you know the one I mean) We're lucky to get a few new guys a year, and hopefully they stay with it through their high school life.

I think if guys really thought hard about it, they'd come to realize that there's no other place in the school would you get applause for kissing a cute girl. :)